Thursday, September 23, 2010

Life of a Bunk House Leader

I really enjoy bunk house leading at Teen Ranch, though it can be draining at times. Any- one who has done it for an extended period of
time can tell you that it's not easy - not if you do it well. Spending time with the kids when you would rather be with your friends and dealing with things like homesickness and lack of respect can be draining for sure.
Why do I enjoy it? There are some shallow reasons to be sure, the time that you do get to spend with other staff is amazing, and the Ranch is a great place to be in general, but the real reason that I love being a bunk house leader is that I get to share the gospel with kids over and over again! I get to discuss it. I get to explain it. I get to tell it to some people for the first time! It's truly amazing!


Josh Menzies, son of former camper Rob Menzies, has been involved most sum- mers his whole life. We are pleased to have him start this month as Teen Ranch’s year round Program Coordinator

No comments:

Post a Comment