Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Summer Staff - Transformers

WOW – God ALWAYS provides just what is needed – no more and no less. Each summer, He proves over and over again that He knows the end from the beginning and everything in between. He miraculously fits together the puzzle pieces of staff members to meet the needs of the campers and guests that He also orchestrates to be here. Not only this, but He provides great encouragement along the way.
One of our staff writes, “...although I have been a Christian my whole life, as I start my journey at the Ranch, I feel like I am really starting to become the true Christian and really give my life to the Lord. I am excited to keep my relationship growing with the Lord this summer and for the rest of my life. I am so thankful for the people at the Ranch for the way they have impacted my life.”
Another staff member writes, Throughout this past year, I‟ve continued visiting the Ranch on weekends. I learned so much about God with every single visit. One night, while I was at home doing a (Ranch) Bible study, I came across a verse „From the horns of the wild oxen, you have rescued me.‟ – Psalm 22:21-22...It hit me really hard all at once and it encouraged me to take that final step and accept God into my life completely...If I hadn‟t attended camp that week, I would probably would not have found my way back to Christ. I‟m so thankful and I feel so honoured and blessed to be able to say that I am a part of the Teen Ranch community. Teen Ranch really is a special place and there is something here that just can‟t be ex- plained. It‟s the most heartwarming place and it‟s so full of love. It‟s the perfect place to heal and I‟m so happy to have found it.”
We know and thank God that it is His Holy Spirit who is at work in people‘s lives here. God IS love and when we allow Him to have His way with us, His love shines in and through us.
Ann Stevens is the wife of Tim. Together, they have been blessed with six children. Ann is responsible for Staff Development and is thankful to have been involved with Teen Ranch for 39 years as camper, summer and full time staff

No comments:

Post a Comment